Sunday, February 1, 2015

Adventures of a Writing Blogger #1

At the end of last month I went into NYC with my mom and my aunt to see Cabaret on Broadway, starring Alan Cumming & Emma Stone.  If you can manage it, try to catch the show before it ends (the run ends soon)!  Alan really made the show...I'm a little sad that he wasn't able to come out to sign autographs after the show.  I can't blame the guy though, because we saw a 2pm show and the actors and actresses need to rest, eat, get out of make up and then back in, and just relax!  I can't begrudge any of them the chance to relax!

Before the show we went to lunch at a nearby diner (the diner shall remain nameless - my panini wasn't quite to my taste, but the chocolate cake was delicious), and after the show we caught a cab back to Penn Station.  Luckily the driver took us through Times Square - my aunt was visiting from Michigan & we wanted her to see Times Square in person (even if it was too cold outside to walk around).

All in all it was a really great day - coincidentally it was also the five year anniversary of the very start of my relationship with the mister.  We were "seeing each other" before, but the relationship became official on January 28, 2010.  Holy wow batman, five years already?  Time flies when you're having fun!

Talk more soon...

xo

2 comments:

  1. Cool. It's been a while since I saw a Broadway show--Phantom--but we had a deal with the tickets to go to Sardi's after. That was nice. We walked back to Penn Station to take the train to the in-laws in NJ where we were staying.

    You're fortunate to live so close.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great trip! I saw Phantom years ago, and I loved it. I still love Gerard Butler's performance in the film, though...

      And it is great to have the city so close, but it can also be pretty expensive. It's become for special trips...and Comic Con lol.

      Delete