Friday, February 20, 2015

Review: Hard Target (The Campbells of Creek Bend Book 3) by Barb Han

I finished this book last week & just haven't had time to post the review.  But let me tell you, this book is awesome.  If you haven't picked it up yet -- the links to buy it are at the bottom.

Book Blurb: (taken from Barb's website
She was trouble the size of Texas, but he'd cross every line to keep her safe.

Border patrol agent Reed Campbell knew when he found a blonde beauty hiding out in a crate of guns smuggled into Texas she'd be nothing but trouble. Emily Baker claims she was kidnapped, beaten and held hostage by Mexico's most elusive drug lord, a man Reed's desperate to bring down. But the sexy cowboy has been betrayed before, so trusting a stranger—no matter how strong their attraction—isn't easy. Still, determined to protect her, he takes her on the run, risking his life time after time. Suddenly, the man who doesn't do feelings is in big trouble. Keeping Emily alive is a problem. Keeping his hands to himself becomes nearly impossible.

Rating: ***** (5/5)

Review:  I have adored every single one of the Campbell boys, and Reed was no exception.  I'm actually really sad that there won't be more of these brothers!  I loved watching the relationship between Reed and Emily grow, and I was biting my fingers quite a bit with this one!  If you've read the other books, you'll be thrilled to find out that Nick & Luke both make an appearance in this one, and it was awesome to see the brothers together again.

I really do fall hard for a guy with a painful past when it comes to love.  I don't know what it is, but their vulnerability just makes me fall hard and fast.  And I absolutely adore a heroine who fights for what she wants, and let me tell you, Emily fights for what she wants.  She's stronger than she realizes; I'm not sure I would have survived what she went through.  Insane.

If you haven't read these books and are a fan of Harlequin Intrigue (or just romantic suspense/intrigue at all), go read all of these books.

Kindle
B&N (Nook is on the same page)

You can also connect with Barb on Facebook & Twitter!  She's really sweet :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Denise, it was really good! The whole trilogy is fantastic! Even if you're not a huge fan of intrigue, these books are great!

      Delete